Hanyō (半妖, literally translated as Half-Apparition) is a mix between a Human and a Demon. Following the resurrection of Mikaboshi, they have become the main antagonist of the game, in particular the Elite Demons, Mikaboshi’s top 10 most powerful demons.
Those that are powerful enough to absorb a human body and soul, thus gaining human-like powers, shall morph into a more sinister being. By doing this, they can have a lesser chance of dying by the divine spell and can also reach the level of an S rank demon.
Hanyō and ordinary demons differ in sever ways:
- Humanoid Form: While there are some demons that get a 100% humanoid form, there are many who don't get a completely humanoid form, despite becoming Hanyō. Therefore, the closer one looks to a Hollow, the lower its power of reasoning.
- Weapons: When demons finally become Hanyō they seal the nuclei of their abilities within the form of a weapon or other items. It’s entirely different from what humans use. When they release their weapons' seals they unleash their true power and their true form. The combat efficiency of a Hanyō with a released weapon is increased several times over. Therefore, a Hanyō's release of their weapon is merely a temporary restoration to their former selves, granting them any powers their demon form possesses. The act of release is called Resurrection, which is activated with a command phrase followed by the name of the sword.
Personality Traits & MindsetsEdit
The general personality of the S-class is to be very reserved, not often letting their emotions decides things, but rather experience. This detaches them from humanity, making them similar to ascended beings. However, there are those that are still similarly cold, cruel, ambitious, impatient, selfish, overconfident, ruthless, arrogant, impulsive, brutal, relentless, battle-hungry, overbearing, short-tempered, indifferent, and/or egotistical.
Elite Demons or S Class DemonsEdit
- Main article: Elite Demons
A Class Demons & belowEdit
These demons are the combat specialists and are the lower class demons that directly serve a specific Elite Demon. Elite Demons can have a range about 0 to many under their control; some just prefer to fight alone.
Powers & AbilitesEdit
Like Humans, Hanyō have a multitude of combat skills and abilities, some of which are similar to those of the former, and some of which are variations on ordinary Demon powers.
- High-Speed Regeneration: is the ability that allows a Hollow to heal most injuries very quickly, with the exception of the destruction of the head or vital organs. Most Hanyō give up Regeneration for far greater power.
- Gates of Hell: It is how demons move to and from Yomi. A two stone door appears that opens dimensional gate, revealing a tunnel of whirling, torrential energy that must be focused and solidified to create a discernible pathway.
- Demon Bullet: Is a Hanyo alternative to the Doom Blast. The technique hardens the user's energy and fires it like a bullet. Although it is weaker than a normal Cero, it moves about twenty times faster.
- Magic: Due to fusing with a human, the demon now has a knowledgeable understanding of magic and can use a large array of them on the battlefield.
- Steel Skin: refers to the hardened skin of the Hanyo, which is a result of their compressed Demon energy underneath their new mortal skin. While their skin is strong enough to block weapons bare-handed, it is by no means impenetrable. Stronger Hanyō generally have proportionally stronger skin than usual.
- Doom Blast: is a highly powerful and relatively swift energy blast that can be fired from various body parts. Various high level demons display variants of the technique.
- Resurrection: Most Hanyō have the ability to seal their power within weapons or and item. Upon releasing their power, they gain all of their former unique demon abilities back, essentially 'resurrecting' their old selves. When using this ability, they essentially combine their human form and their demon form, incidentally increasing their power considerably. As another note, when an Hanyō uses his or her Resurrection, it heals all minor wounds.
- Sonido: is the Hanyō equivalent of the human Flash Steps; it allows the user to travel at incredibly high speeds for short distances.