Demons are a species of spiritual beings that reside in Yomi. They are corrupt spirits with supernatural powers that devour the souls of both the living and other demons. While demons can cross over to the human world, enter Takamagahara would purify their bodies which would then obliterate them due to the holy energy that flows through the area.
Demons are deceased evil human souls or corrupted angels that lose their hearts to despair and sin.
Once a soul becomes a demon, it is driven by an eternal and insatiable hunger to devour other souls, living or dead, to fill the void caused by its descent. Weak demons are mostly mindless creatures concerned only with finding the most potent souls to devour. Stronger and more evil Demons are often able to retain some of their intelligence in Demon form, making them more dangerous than the average Demon.
The appearance of demons physical characteristics varies, but is always terrible. In terms of appearance, demons can range in appearance from furry (like mammals) through lizard-like to outright demonic. Demons also vary in size, though it tends to be fairly consistent amongst the various classifications of classes. In Yomi, some Demons are no larger than common pets. Most common Demons are about twice the size of an adult Human, though it can vary to a degree.
Demons are mostly killed by Divine magic, but most wounds that would be fatal for a Human will effectively dispatch them.
Though most Demons are simply transformed human or Angel souls, there are many sub-groups of demons that exist. The demons that are classified below are conglomerations of hundreds of normal souls, resulting in a single composite entity of far greater strength than any normal demon.
- Goblin: Humanoid sized mischief demons with horns and claws. They also vary in skin color.
- Golem: Large Demons with a rock type exterior.
- Beast: Guardian animals of Yomi.
- Behemoth: Fallen angels that have become large demons with devastating powers
- Guardian: Fallen angels that protect Yomi’s gate.
- Little Devil: Imp type demons
- Possessed Child: Demons that are disguised as a little child.
- Shadows: Demonic shadows that impersonate its victim’s moves and use it against them.
- Undead: Demons that have retaken their deceased bodies from the grave to take on a spirit, skeletor, or vampire type forms.
- Main article: Demon Classes
- Main article: Hanyō
Those that are powerful enough to absorb a human body and soul, thus gaining human-like powers, shall morph into a more sinister being. By doing this, they can have a lesser chance of dying by the divine spell and can also reach the level of an S rank demon.
- Main article: Fiends
Similar to a Hanyō, but to lesser extent; In order for a demon to stay in the mortal world for long periods of time, they fuse with an animal to become fiend. These once peaceful animals become mindless powerful creatures. Unlike Hanyō or Metahumans, purifying Fiends with divine magic completely destroys their soul instead of cleaning it.
Like Humans, Demons have a multitude of combat skills and abilities, most of which are usually unique to specific Demons. The more powerful Demons, however, have access to a range of similar techniques of greater power or use than their own unique skills. Demons usually acquire energy to power their abilities by devouring souls, but smaller ones can also ingest energy from the atmosphere when in realms with high concentration of spiritual energy.
- High-Speed Regeneration: is the ability that allows a Hollow to heal most injuries very quickly, with the exception of the destruction of the head or vital organs. Most Hanyō give up Regeneration for far greater power.
- Gates of Hell: It is how demons move to and from Yomi. A two stone door appears that opens dimensional gate, revealing a tunnel of whirling, torrential energy that must be focused and solidified to create a discernible pathway.
- Doom Blast: is a highly powerful and relatively swift energy blast that can be fired from various body parts.